The buyer(s) agree to have balance paid in full by time of pick up. No puppy goes home until seller feels the puppy is totally ready to leave, which is a minimum of 10 weeks of age, but may vary. The full deposit is refundable for Fourteen (14) days after date of deposit. After fourteen (14) days from the date deposit, if buyer decides not to purchase said puppy, the first $100.00 will not be refunded. Any amount over the $100.00 will be refunded to the buyer*. The deposit is fully transferable to another puppy that is available at that time**. We accept personal checks for deposits only unless otherwise approved by the seller.
* Refund of deposit will be made within 45 days of written request ** Deposit is transferable only once
Hypoglycemia is often seen in young toy puppies, and most of the symptoms can be controlled be eating or by giving some glucose such as sugar water to the puppy. Glucose is what the body uses as fuel and is necessary for the brain tissue and muscles to function. Hypoglycemia is when the blood sugar levels (glucose) falls well below normal.
It can cause your puppy to become confused, disoriented, drowsy, have the shivers, stagger about, collapse, fall into a coma or have seizures. If not treated it can result in death. Episodes of Hypoglycemia often occur without warning. A puppy may be stressed by shipping, a missed meal, being chilled or even exhaustion from too much play or being handled too often. Recurring hypoglycemic attacks in toy puppies can cause brain damage. If a puppy has frequent attacks he/she should be tested by your vet for possible underlying problems.
Because of their tiny size, toy puppies cannot eat a lot at one time, and literally run out of fuel quickly. Therefore, puppies should be fed several times a day a high quality diet. Most Puppies will outgrow the problem. Some very tiny dogs will continue to have bouts of hypoglycemia though out their life. If your puppy experiences episodes of hypoglycemia it is important to restore blood levels of glucose as quickly as possible.
It is always good to have Nutrical on hand in case of a sugar drop, if you don’t have Nutrical around when something happens, Karo syrup or almost any kind of syrup (except chocolate) is another alternative. Also, honey works pretty good as well. When your puppy recovers from an attack like this, watch him/her very closely for the rest of the day, and try and monitor the puppy throughout the night just for safety sake.
Depending on the situation, the attack may be stress related or the puppy may not be eating enough. If attacks continue and are frequent, or you have any reason to be concerned take the puppy to your vet immediately as there are things that can cause your dog to have hypoglycemic attacks that can be serious health issues.
Typical symptoms of Hypoglycemia
- Staggering Gait
- Lethargy (Over Tired)
- Our senior citizens discount is for all puppy lovers age 65 and over who are looking for the perfect little companion. We offer *$25.00 off all puppies.
- Chihuahua puppies make a perfect companion for everyone, but most seniors find them to be perfect for them. With an average weight of 5-6 pounds and being very smart, they make the perfect little cuddle bug. They love to be held, carried around or just to be your perfect lap dog.
- As with any of our fur-babies, if you rent we may require a letter from the landlord stating that pets are okay.
* Can not be combined with any other discount